Buying a home is one of the most important financial and lifestyle decisions you’ll make.
Before you start looking at homes:
1. Lender Pre-Approval. Meet with a lender’s rep to decide how much you can afford, and ask the rep for a written Pre-Approval. You’ll need this in order to make an offer when you’re ready. I can help with this.
2. Where do you want to live. Once you’ve decided on your price-range, you’ll want to consider where you want to live. I can help with this too …
- Do you prefer an urban setting? Suburban? Country-like setting?
- Is mass transportation important to you?
- Do you have children? If so, quality of educational opportunities will be an important factor.
3. Tour a few neighborhoods to get a feel for which one(s) you like.
4. Search for available homes online …. I publish all the listings, not just Weichert’s. … so,
- Click on “Property Search” at the top of this page, and then click “Search for Homes” and enter a town you want to consider, as well as your maximum price and the number of beds and baths you want.
- The “thumbnail” description of each property that’s available comes directly from the MLS.
- Click on the “thumbnail” to get all the details about that property.
As you browse through the listings, consider what other amenities you want …. Deck, Patio, Central Air, Fenced-in Yard, Finished Basement, etc.
Finally …. reach out to me — email or phone — so I can help you by
- Arranging a tour of properties that you want to see
- Giving you some ideas about modifications to homes that almost fit
- Preparing a contract for the house you want
- Negotiating a good price and terms
- Arranging for a Home Inspection
- …. and a myriad of other things that will get you to the closing table
Hope this helps …. I look forward to meeting with you.